People get victimized by different online manipulations and its becoming worst these days. How can you possibly avoid it? Most people would simply rely to IT experts. But truth is, you are capable of solving this issue all by yourself.
Malware is one of the most common virus infecting so many computer hardware these days. Especially because of the online technology nowadays, experts were able to obtain something to fight for the growing number of cases affected by this malware infection. Here are some few things you can do to avoid it.
Boot Into Safe Mode
If you’ve been too dependent on the antivirus program installed into your computer, then you should think twice because the antivirus might have been compromised.
To resolve this, you can boot to Safe Mode and run a malware scanner which is ideally cloud-based. When you turn on the safe mode, it will reduce the circumstances that the malware might interfere. Remember to set the option to Safe Mode with Networking.
Steps on How To Scan For Possible Malwares
• Launch the ESET Online Scanner through a browser.
• Make sure that you’re in Safe Mode when doing the scanning.
• Go for Trend Micro’s HouseCall
• If you think you want to have a Malware that’s stronger than the ESET Online Scanner, then you do have a lot of options to consider. Try to browse for a malware cleaner that’s Linux-based because Malware for Windows is mostly crippled with another Operating System.
• It is recommended to use ESET SysRescue Live and Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
Malware creators are intelligent enough to handle further fixings that might regulate the normal activity of the site. So, to make things clear and safe, accomplish a full nuclear route.
To start over the overall process of fixing the acquired malware, simply do the following steps;
• Have a back up for all your data files and store it on external media.
• Wipe out all the content in your hard drive or SSD. For wiping content for hard drives, you can use Darik’s Boot and Nuke. For SSD, the drive’s manufacturing website provides the best option for you.
• You can also use the image backup for images stored before the infection. You will then have to copy the data files to the original location once the drive has been restored.